The Clymer Central School District is now accepting nominating petitions for one open board seat on the Board of Education for a five-year term expiring on June 30, 2027.
Board petitions are now available in the District Office at Clymer Central School. In addition, a signature is required when the petition is picked up. Board petitions must be filed with the District Clerk no later than April 18, 2022, at 5:00 PM.
The available board seat is currently held by Mr. Michael Schenck.
The Budget Vote and Election of Board Members is set for Tuesday, May 17, 2022, from 12:00 to 8:00 PM in the Student Performance Center (SPC) lobby.
Responsibilities of a Board Member
- Create a shared vision for the future of education in Clymer Central School.
- Set the direction of the school district to achieve the highest student performance
- Provide rigorous accountability for student achievement results.
- Develop a budget and present it to the community aligning district resources to improve achievement.
- Support a healthy school district culture for work and learning.
- Create strategic partnerships with the community stakeholders.
- Build the district’s progress through continuous improvement.
- Adopt and maintain current policies.
- Hire and evaluate the superintendent.
- Ratify collective bargaining agreements.
- Maintain strong ethical standards.
School board candidates must be a U.S. citizen, at least 18 years old, a qualified voter in the school district and able to read and write. They must be residents of the Clymer Central School District continuously for one year before the election. They cannot be employed by the board on which they will serve or live in the same household with a family member who is also a member of the same school board.